Inviting Applications for New Members
The Water Council was founded by the Office of the Vice President for Research and serves to bring together resources from across the University of Minnesota System to address the pressing concern of access to clean water for the 21 Century – the state of water.
It does this by: 1) promoting and supporting scholarship concerning all things water at the University, 2) adding value and bringing resources to the university and state, 3) coordinating the university’s water research community, and 4) connecting with people about water research and education. Visit https://www.water.umn.edu/ to learn more.
We are inviting applications for 7 additional members of the Water Council, to begin a 3-year term 1/1/21.
If interested, please submit a statement (<1 page) describing your interest and an abbreviated CV (2 pages, maximum) that focuses on your water-related service activities, teaching, and scholarship, with the email subject heading “Water Council Application” to Paige Novak (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11/1/20. Applications will be voted on by the Water Council and decisions will be made and announced by 12/1/20.
- The Water Council (WC) currently consists of the following members who were appointed in fall, 2016:
- Lawrence Baker – Department of Bioproducts & Biosystems Engineering
- Peter Calow – Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- John Downing – Minnesota Sea Grant, UMD
- Lian Shen – Saint Anthony Falls Laboratory
- Jessica Hellmann – Institute on the Environment*
- David Mulla – Department of Soil, Water, & Climate
- Paige Novak – Civil, Environmental & Geo-Engineering, The BioTechnology Institute*
- Patrick Nunnally – Water Resources Science Graduate Program
- Jeffrey Peterson – Water Resources Center (2017-18 co-chair)*
- Michael Sadowsky – The BioTechnology Institute (2017-18 co-chair)
- Robert Sterner – Large Lakes Observatory & Department of Biology, UMD*
- Rolf Weberg – Natural Resources Research Institute, UMD
- Dan Gilchrist – Office of the Vice President for Research (ex officio)
- Lynne Schoen – Corporate & Foundation Relations, Univ of Minnesota Foundation (ex officio)
*The WC Executive Committee, appointed in the summer of 2019